To find out more about WESTPOLE visit
WESTPOLE TALKS with IBM
About Multi Cloud Management
The world has become a hybrid place. In computing, most companies make us of cloud services alongside their on-premises data center. A combination of private cloud, hybrid cloud and public cloud, together with a physical infrastructure, makes it possible to fulfil the needs of the business and manage workloads more effectively. A multi cloud strategy allows a more flexible architecture but implies a more complex management.
A common framework of application architecture and deployment policies regardless of infrastructure is vital to reduce latency. Automation of policy and governance can reduce the burden of maintaining and monitoring any operating model.
As an IBM Platinum Business Partner, WESTPOLE wants to uncover the challenges users might face and give clear guidance. IBM’s solutions for multi cloud management and WESTPOLE’s professional services offer the ideal management platform and fully outsourced management service to provide full visibility and control.
In this edition of WESTPOLE Talks, we let Multi Cloud Management experts, from both IBM and WESTPOLE, present some key features and aspects of successful management and unravel any pitfalls you may come across.
Join us to find out more. Let’s talk!
WESTPOLE talks is an interactive webinar series created not only for our valued customers and trusted partners. The idea is simply to engage people and bring you insightful topics
Our guest speakers want to inform and inspire, to guide you through the complex world of information technology. Open to professionals, or anyone who is curious and eager to learn.
During our one hour virtual live event you will learn more about our solutions and services and discover the ins and outs of what everyone is talking about. We leave room for Q&A’s so everyone can get involved.
Register below and talk the talk!
Our Multi Cloud Management Experts
General Manager, WESTPOLE Benelux
- Bart Donné has more than 30 years of experience in and passion for technology. He holds master's degrees in computer science and IT management and has worked for several leading companies such as IBM, Hitachi Data Systems and ServiceNow. Over the course of his career he evolved from more technical to managerial positions
- In addition, he made a side jump as a self-employed entrepreneur and founded two companies. He also focused on coaching and mentoring start-ups for a while. People management and market insight are at the heart of how Bart runs companies, which has led to several awards and recognition for increasing turnover at the companies he worked for.
- Bart loves the continuous challenges that are part of the rapidly evolving technology sector. He has an entrepreneurial attitude and finds it important to focus on long-term relationships with all the people he works with.
- In 2016 Bart was appointed as Chief Sales Officer and helped to restructure IRIS after it was acquired by the Canon Group. He also led the transition when IRIS ICT joined WESTPOLE. Since September 2020, Bart Donné is General Manager Benelux at WESTPOLE.
Founder Belgium Cloud & CloudMakelaar
- During the past twelve years, Peter had the opportunity to work in the fields of Cloud computing and IT security. In the latter sector, he was responsible for carrying out various internal and external ISMS and GDPR audits (based on regulations regarding privacy and data protection).
- Peter has been involved in the implementation of the ISO27001 standard for an ISMS (information security management system) for risk assessments, the information security policy and the business continuity plan (BCP), using the PDCA methodology at many organizations.
- He takes part in various initiatives, such as the special interest group of the European commission who published a code of conduct for Cloud services in Europe.
- Peter is also an independent speaker about Cloud & Data protection at different national and international events. Peter is founder of Belgium Cloud and business owner of the CloudMakelaar.
Technical Sales Engineer, WESTPOLE Belgium
- Robbert has been working for WESTPOLE since 2015. First as a system engineer and now as a technical sales engineer. Experienced in virtualization, automation, and public cloud technologies, his focus is on cloud tech and their ecosystem.
Service Management Solutions Architect, IBM
- Kristof Stroobants has more than 19 years of experience within IBM as an IT Architect. From engineering and consultancy in the disaster recovery domain, towards pre-sales in the services division, now acting as a Service Management Solution Architect in the ITSM space for the BeLux market, Kristof is responsible in translating customers business needs into technical sound solutions, from monitoring, event management, application discovery, observability and AI Operations!
- Cynthia is no stranger when it comes to presenting or hosting events. Well known for her television work, presenting at TV Limburg, TV Plus and Kanaal Z, she has presented at live events for a large number of companies and organisations. Cynthia likes to keep up to speed with all things business or technology. A perfect match!
29 June 2021 - 14.00 till 15.00
Intro by Bart Donné
Multi Cloud Management Expert Panel Discussion + Q&A
Closing by Bart Donné
Time to play
All talk and no play? Oh no, we have it all. Make sure to stick around at the end of the session for our playful Kahoot! quiz. We have a few surprises for the top scorers of this interactive learning game. To find out what you can win, register and join us for our first Talks edition.